There is no question that Isadoras specializes in unique vintage engagement rings. It is our our common denominator: every person who crosses our threshold has a love for the rare, unique and individual. Often, the search for the perfect vintage engagement ring leads to the way of a vintage colored stone engagement ring. Of course, each ring suits the individual personality, hand, and aesthetic of the couple choosing it, creating a fall-in-love moment that is by far the most magical thing I have the privilege to witness at Isadoras. So, here lends the question:
How do I shop for the perfect colored stone engagement ring?
Here are a few tips:
1. The first thing I recommend is be open, have fun, and try things on! Each authentic antique ring and gemstone shows uniquely on each individual hand. This is a Isadoras favorite: A magical vintage cushion cut sapphire solitaire. The fire in this sapphire is an alluring warm indigo.
2. Follow your instinct. For you wonderful partners shopping for your future fiance, let your final choice fall to your intuition. It is relatively easy to fall into over-analysis of details (which are super important too), but I guarantee that just like your unique partner, that perfect ring will speak to you in a special way. Below is my favorite ring- A very architectural Retro ring with a 2.4 carat golden peach sapphire.
3. Check out a range of colored gemstones. If you love a ruby, take a peek at garnets! Perhaps you were thinking sapphire, but maybe there’s a Aquamarine the knocks your socks off. There are so many intricacies of tints and tones in gemstones, and you would be surprised how a antique colored stone engagement ring can unexpectedly sing on your hand.
4. Play with size. Depending on the rarity of the stone, you could choose a non traditional engagement ring with a larger gemstone in it. A great example of a large gemstone engagement ring is citrine, amethyst, or aquamarine.
5. Vintage colored stone bands make fantastic engagement rings. If you/ your significant other is really active, minimal, in a healthcare field, or loves versatility, a antique gemstone band is just perfect! The wonderful thing about a engagement band is often it is lovely and poetic alone, or you can pair multiple vintage bands to create a bigger/ more textured look.